Thanks for looking at taking lessons with PUSH Kiting! We are still running certain lessons, but not large groups 👍🪁 We’ve also put in place a few sensible measures based on the advice from the Government and NHS.
We will not be running any large group lessons until further notice as this will bring into contact many students from different area’s and could spread the Virus, This means we will not be able to run any stag do’s, Hen do’s, office group building days out or school groups etc. Until advice is updated we will be postponing all group bookings and not taking new group bookings up to June, We are looking at options for reserving dates for group bookings from June onwards however these will only go ahead if current advise dictates they can, please be aware of this.
We are sorry to cancel any current group lessons, this is financially terrible for us but the advice is no groups allowed, we hope you understand.
We are now limiting all lessons to 1 or 2 people per instructor for the immediate future from March 14th onwards.
Our 1:1 and 2:1 private lessons are run with no one except an instructor in close proximity, in open-air environments, commonly out to sea. It’s about the most perfect healthy sport you can do whilst trying to avoid human contact. Our instructors will at all times now be as far away as possible, we will only be within a few meters momentarily to swap kites or give assistance, and we can usually do all this whilst standing crosswind and at an arms-length, we will make all bar transactions swift and no talking during this moment. We should be able to run lessons with no physical contact except in an emergency situation, for reference we’ve not had one of these in the last 14yrs since the school started.
We will only be using instructors who are showing no symptoms and have not been in contact with anyone with Coronavirus and thus should be self-isolating. We will be looking to keep a supply of hand sanitiser on the boat and with the instructor for land lessons as supplies allow. We would also ask that if you have any symptoms or should be self-isolating you get in contact and we will reschedule your lesson for when you are feeling better.
If all our instructors are taking precautionary self-isolating measures we would need to reschedule your lesson, we apologise for this but it is for the community and to slow the spread to the most vulnerable in society.
So if you’re coming for private lessons over this period:
- Please bring hand sanitiser (liquid gold) with you, not for payment though, we’ll still take sterling for that.
- Please be prepared to completely forget about coronavirus for a while whilst you fully immerse yourself in the fun of kiting.
- Please bring sun cream, we’ve always recommended this, but you may be white and pasty from being inside for a while and could need extra protection so we don’t send tomatoes coloured students home.
- Feel free to wear face masks during lessons on the land, this is not advised on the water. You can purchase neoprene face coverings from Fluid lines in Colchester to wear on the water.
During lessons, please:
- Stand 2 meters (6ft) from all other persons at all times where possible.
- Stand crosswind of each other, this can be explained during a lesson if needed. This means any shedding virus would be naturally aspirated away by the wind to denature away from any persons.
- Do not shake hands or touch anyone else during lessons, skin on skin. When in a wetsuit with gloves on, an instructor may hold the rear of the harness etc for brief periods.
- Move away and catch and coughs or sneezes, sanitise yourself and return to kiting afterwards.
- adhere to any other updated government advice.
We will get through this, God bless you all.
Get in touch to book your lesson and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Many thanks, PUSH Kiting